This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy applies when you visit our web site without purchasing any product, when you register an account with Merifor®, and when you use www.merifor.com for purchasing products.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Merifor® (t/a Kit for Kids Ltd) whose registered address is The Clock House, 3-4 Bligh’s Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 1DA (Registration number: 2851499)
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site merifor.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering an account on our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Merifor (t/a Kit for Kids Ltd), and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and data necessary for the fulfilment of your orders including your name, email address, delivery address.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, IP address, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data.
- Any payment information is collected, processed and stored securely by third party supplier Stripe®.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Shopping on our site is safe and secure. Our site uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide encryption of personal information such as your name, address and credit card details. In this way, information passed between your computer and Merifor (t/a Kit for Kids Ltd) cannot be read in the unlikely event of someone intercepting it.
We will only accept orders using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this means you cannot inadvertently reveal personal information by using an unsecure connection. The latest browsers all support SSL. If for any reason this option has been disabled on your browser, you will not be able to transact until you reset these options.
You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen. This should appear on any page where you are entering personal information – no other page will transmit information about you.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.To notify you about changes to our service.
- To carry out analysis and consumer profiling to ensure our product offering and content is relevant to you.
We may contact you by post, phone, email, SMS and other electronic means, only by which you have signed up for.
SHARING PERSONAL DATA
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you, we share your personal data with our trusted third party service providers and/or our group companies, as detailed below. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place which require these organisations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
Examples of the sort of third parties we work with are:
- Delivery companies.
- IT companies who support our business systems and databases.
- Customer service providers
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to work with these service providers since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves. In each case, we will ensure that the service provider is only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the services to us and for no other purpose.
Other professional services: We may need to disclose your personal data to our insurers where we believe that it is required under our contractual relationship with our insurance provider.
Group companies: We may share the personal data we collect with other organisations in the Mayborn Group where those other companies share various operations and business processes with us. We will do this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
You can review, change or delete certain personal information related to your use of our online sites. To change your personal information, please login to your account on www.merifor.com, alternatively contact us by email: on email@example.com or write to us at Marketing Department, Merifor, t/a Kit for Kids Ltd, The Clock House, 3-4 Bligh’s Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 1DA. Please note that any requests to update your personal information may take up to 14 days for your e-mail request and 2-4 weeks to process your postal mail request.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us, therefore if you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, or if you do not want us to use your information to enhance your shopping experience, please let us know by opting out from your Merifor online account or at the end of a marketing email, alternatively, you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also write to us at Marketing Department, Merifor, t/a Kit for Kids Ltd, The Clock House, 3-4 Bligh’s Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 1DA. Please be sure to include your full name and the e-mail address you used when you registered with us.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113, or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites)